Every year we cause ourselves an abundance of anxiety and shame in setting “resolutions”. Here’s the thing, it’s a new year, but I’m in my 30’s, you’re not getting a new me. Take me or leave me, it doesn’t matter. This year I’m still my fabulous hot mess self. So here’s my list of realistic goals for the new year:
1. Wear pants with a zipper and button 1X per week.
2. Take a shower at least 2x per week.
3. Drink more wine.
4. Do my hair and makeup on the same day, 1X per week
5. Finish at least one book without pictures before the end of the year
6. Drink more coffee.
7. Cook dinner. Mostly fresh ingredients 4X per week.
8. Shave my legs every other week.
9. Eat some green leafy stuff more often.
10. Buy a bra that fits.
In all seriousness, I want to be able to enjoy life and live in the moment. I know that life is crazy and as moms we take most of the beatings (figuratively and literally), but we should try to put ourselves first sometimes. So here’s to you mama…
May your clothes be comfortable, your coffee be hot, and your year be filled with love.
Happy New Year.